How to get refund from Google Play Store? | Returns and Refunds on Google Play
Returns and Refunds on Google Play
Most of us uses Android smartphones and thus it is obvious to use Google Play Store. Though maximum contents (Apps, Games, even some Books, Movies and Music) on Play Store are free, there are a large number of paid contents also. We often buy contents from Play Store as per our choice but the situation may arise that, either the user of a phone/tablet or his/her family members made some purchase accidentally. If anyone stuck into such situation obviously he/she need to cancel the purchase to get the money back. Now the question is, is it possible? Yes it is possible but you must cancel the purchase within 48 hours and it is subject to the Google’s refund policy ( Returns and Refunds on Google Play )
Basically there are two ways to get refund from Google Play Store:
Get support from the developer of the app
Most apps on the Play Store are made by third-party developers, not by Google. The developers should support their apps and make sure they work well for you.
- You should contact the app developer if:
- You have a question about an app.
- You made an in-app purchase but it wasn’t delivered or isn’t working as you expected.
- You want a refund and it’s more than 48 hours since you made the purchase. The developer can help with purchase issues, and can process refunds pursuant to its policies and applicable laws.
Request a refund on the Google Play website
If it’s less than 48 hours since you bought an app or made an in-app purchase, you can request a refund through Google Play. If you bought music, movies, books, or other content, you may be able to request a refund after more than 48 hours (see policy below).
This is the quickest way to find out if Google will give you a refund. You’ll usually get a decision within 15 minutes.
- Open a web browser (like Chrome or Safari) on your computer, tablet, or phone.
- Copy https://play.google.com/store/account and paste it into the address bar of the web browser.
- Make sure this is in a web browser and not the Google Play Store app. You can’t request a refund in the Google Play Store app.
- Scroll down to “Order History” and find the order you want to return. To the right of the order, select More or 3 dotted menu .
- Select Report a problem.
- Choose the option that describes your situation, complete the form, and say that you would like a refund.
- You will see a message saying “thank you for sharing your concerns.” Later you will receive an email about your refund.